Enjoy playing your favorite sport or treating yourself to your preferred recreational activity while in Dubai. The city boasts of its location and climate being perfect for different outdoor activities such as golf, dune driving, and windsurfing. Alternatively, there are also lots of indoor facilities that promote relaxation such as spas and other wellness centers.
For a quick escape from the fast-paced lifestyle of Dubai, head over to the city’s well-known beaches, with most of them accessible by public transport. Some of the go-to shores include:
- Kite Beach – Activities in the area include kitesurfing and stand-up paddling. The beach also offers a fantastic view of the Burj Al Arab.
- Sunset Beach – Located near Kite Beach, this beach offers a good view of the Arabian Gulf. It is a recommended venue for people looking for a quiet place to just lounge under the sun while reading a good book.
- Jumeirah Open Beach – The open area is suitable for strolling, jogging and sunbathing. Visitors and residents alike go here for a simple day out at the beach.
- Al Mamzar Beach – The beach is perfect for bikers, joggers, and picnic goers. Al Mamzar is a typical venue for fun runs and family gatherings.
- JBR Beach – Ultimate Frisbee, parasailing, and banana boating are some of the things that you can do in this area. Located near Dubai Marina and Skydive Dubai, the beach offers a view of the towering structures on one side, and of skydivers playing with the winds on the other.