Entertainment and Adventure
Up in the air
- Go skydiving with Skydive Dubai. Tick one box from your bucket list and go skydiving with the Skydive Dubai team. Feel the adrenaline rush as you dive amidst the grandeur of the Palm Jumeirah and the Dubai Marina views. Tandem jumps start at 1,999 AED. For more details, visit skydubai.ae.
- Ride a hot air balloon with the Balloon Adventures Emirates. Explore the vast dunes and enjoy an aerial view of the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. Perfect for individuals with a penchant for breathtaking sunrises, peaceful moments and natural wonders, the ballooning activity is definitely worth experiencing. Price starts at 995 AED per person. Click on ballooning.ae for other information.
On sandy grounds
- Experience the world-renowned Dubai Desert Safari. Book an unforgettable moment at the desert. Activities include dune bashing, camel riding, and sandboarding. There are also shops that offer henna tattoos and city souvenirs. Cap off your experience with belly dancing, barbecue, and shisha. This activity may be booked for daytime or nighttime, but most visitors recommend the desert safari at night. This activity is widely offered by a lot of tour agencies in the city.
Under the sea
- Explore water wonders at the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. Located on the ground floor of the Dubai Mall, the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is the largest suspended aquarium in the world. It is home to thousands of sea creatures, including the biggest collection of tiger sharks all over the world. Package starts at 100 AED, depending on which activities you would like to experience. Children below three years of age are free of charge. For more details, visit thedubaiaquarium.com.
- Enjoy the Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark. Rides, slides, sharks and so much more await you at the best waterpark in Dubai. The Aquaventure Waterpark is situated in the prestigious The Palm, the world’s largest man-made island. Park fee starts at 250 AED. For bookings and best rates, check out atlantisthepalm.com
Snow in the desert
- Go skiing at Ski Dubai. Take a tour of the Mall of the Emirates and visit the Middle East’s first indoor ski resort. Ski Dubai offers year-round snow right in the desert city, with the ambience perfect for skiing, snowboarding or simply playing in the snow. A pass to some popular attractions in the ski center is priced at 250 AED, while a full day of fun costs 500 AED. Search for Ski Dubai at theplaymania.com for more options.