Why you still need a travel agent.
Top 10 Reasons Why You Still Need a Travel Agent
In today’s age of technology, booking trips online is an easy choice for travelers. So why should you use a travel agent? Well, consider this:
1. Accountability – Your travel agent’s job is on the line with every trip. They are accountable not only to their boss but also to you, their client. And it is really nice to have an actual person to speak to when things go sideways in the middle of your journey.
2. Knowledge – West Travel & Tours Ltd agents have been doing the job for years and speak from experience. Is this your first time going to Europe? How do you know where to go, or stay? Is your entire trip based on anonymous comments from a website? Isn’t it a much better decision to speak with people who do this for a living and know what they’re talking about?
3. More for Your Money – Do you have an unlimited income? Most travelers do not and when you’re booking an expensive trip, you want to see and do everything. Your agent can ensure that your travel dollars are well spent. Your agent is able to take what is most important to your travel style and send you on an amazing experience.
4. Setting an Itinerary – There are not many people who “wing-it” through everyday life, so why would you try that on a trip? Let your agent plan a concise schedule of what to do every day and keep clear records for you of what is included in your trip. And remember, a good agent knows not to schedule something every minute of the day.
5. Budgeting – How much does the trip cost? Are there hidden fees? Resort tax? Does the excursion include lunch? Should we purchase excursions in advance? Is all-inclusive a good deal? You may or may not know the answer to these questions but you can bet your travel agent does.
6. Insurance – Stuff happens. Luggage gets lost, people get sick, and trips need to be cancelled. Your agent can offer insurance in a number of different ways to cover anything that could arise on your trip. And agents ensure that you have the correct travel documents so that the ship doesn’t sail without you. When things go wrong, travel agents have the resources and the contacts to get their clients to the head of the line. Because when you’re stranded, the internet won’t call you back.
7. Resources – Travel agents have an amazing set of resources at their fingertips. Of course you too have the internet but how much time do you have to do the research?
8. Exclusivity – Want to be treated special? Maybe go to the head of the line? How about a seat upgrade on the plane? Would you like to book a room at that brand new hotel or have dinner reservations at a special restaurant? Travel agents know new destinations and new places in them. Through preferred partnerships, agents are able to get freebies for their clients that range from a free drink, room upgrade, or an exclusive admission to a restaurant or show.
9. Time Savings – Tell your agent about yourself and what type of experience you are looking for. Your agent will put together an entire custom vacation for you. We spend hours and weeks researching our client’s perfect trips, why should you? Remember, this is what we do for a living.
10. Leverage – West Travel & Tours Ltd has spent years developing long-term relationships with our vendors and we understand how important repeat business is too them. Because of this, agents have leverage when it comes to getting what they want. And if you’ve ever tried to add a last minute addition to a trip and all the rooms are booked, you will have wished you had an agent.
Ready to save time, money and get the right trip? “Connect with a Consultant”